Part of the series Grammar for a Purpose.
The Grammar for a Purpose series uses the standard grammar terminology within a contextual framework to develop knowledge and understanding of how grammar is used and how it can change to suit the writing purpose.
- Present authentic models of grammar in informative, imaginative and persuasive texts.
- Explore the key grammar features of each text type at the text, sentence and word level, and then compare the use of a specific word-level grammar feature in two other text types.
- Model, teach and assess how grammar functions at text, sentence and word level across a range of purposes.
- Define the Australian Curriculum: English metalanguage of grammar.
- Explore grammar choices in writing so that grammar becomes more than a simple set of rules.
- Analyse the use of language devices to create specific effects, for example, similes, metaphors, repetition, technical language and so on.
- Allow ample opportunity for revision and consolidation of grammar knowledge and skills.
- Provide Reflecting on my learning opportunities and regular self-assessment.
- Include reflection of learning prompts at relevant intervals.
- Include a Looking Back feature for cumulative and spiralled learning of grammar.
- Include margin tabs and visual cues for easy navigation.
- A CD-ROM is included with each student book to model, review and assess puncuation usage.
- A punctuation continuum across year levels.
- Preparation for NAPLAN testing.
- Proofreading for puncuation exercises allowing students to apply their knowledge and skills.
Sample Teacher Resources
Test Answers - Proofreading for Punctuation
Grammar for a Purpose - Year 3
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 3,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.