Part of the series Go Grammar!.
Go Grammar! - Workbook 1 focuses on the Language and Literary strands of the Australian Curriculum to introduce key language conventions and skills. It develops students’ skills in writing, reading and viewing, as well as speaking and listening. It also supports student preparation for NAPLAN Language Convention testing.
- Includes a variety of text types, including imaginative, visual, persuasive and informative texts.
- Pedagogical structure introduces key concepts, encourages application of basic principles and extends learning by consolidating understanding.
- Builds understandings of parts of speech, clauses, sentences, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Each self-contained unit includes a variety of worksheets ideal for in class activities or homework.
- Spelling activities integrated throughout all units.
- Revised tests, activities and text samples in each unit.
- Hole-punched and perforated pages for easy use.
- Teacher support resources and suggested responses through NelsonNet.
- Author acknowledgements
- 1- Concrete nouns
- 2 - Abstract nouns
- REVISION TEST 1
- 3 - Action verbs
- 4 - Verbs of being, sensing and relating
- 5 - Verb groups
- 6 - Modal verbs
- 7 - Phrasal verbs
- 8 - Active and passive voice
- 9 - Subject and object
- 10 - Subject–verb agreement
- REVISION TEST 2
- SPELLING FOCUS 1
- 11 - Personal pronouns
- 12 - Adjectives
- 13 - Adjectives: comparatives and superlatives
- 14 - Adverbs
- REVISION TEST 3
- 15 - Prepositions
- 16 - Determiners
- 17 - Phrases
- 18 - Clauses
- 19 - Coordinating conjunctions
- 20 - Subordinating conjunctions
- REVISION TEST 4
- 21 - Embedded clauses
- 22 - Sentences (1)
- 23 - Sentences (2)
- REVISION TEST 5
- SPELLING FOCUS 2
- 24 - Prefixes and suffixes
- 25 - Negative prefixes
- 26 - More suffixes
- 27 - Synonyms and antonyms
- 28 - Inclusive language
- 29 - Modality
- 30 - Changes in the English language over time
- REVISION TEST 6
- 31 - Punctuating sentence endings
- 32 - Commas
- 33 - Apostrophes for contractions
- 34 - Apostrophes for possession
- 35 - Colons and semicolons
- 36 - Punctuating titles
- 37 - Punctuating direct speech
- REVISION TEST 7
- SPELLING FOCUS 3
- 38 - Paragraphs and topic sentences
- 39 - Cohesive ties within paragraphs
- 40 - Cohesive ties across paragraphs
- REVISION TEST 8
About the Authors
Adrian Collins teaches English, Literature and Philosophy at Carey Grammar, Melbourne. He is an evergreen presenter at state, national and international English conferences.
Dr Mark Collins teaches English and Literature at Scotch College Melbourne. He is an experienced presenter of specialist areas of English, ranging from Shakespeare to film and creative writing, at state and national conferences.
Pam Garlick is an experienced teacher of English who has taught and led departments throughout Australia and overseas. She has been a regular contributor to student revision programs and to professional development workshops. At present she is a teacher of English at Xavier College in Melbourne.
Laura Deriu is an experienced teacher of English at secondary level. She has presented revision lectures to students and led in-services on curriculum development for teachers of English. Laura has been published widely in English education, from co-authoring course books to writing study guides.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Adrian Collins;Mark Collins;Pam Garlick;Laura Deriu;|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.