Part of the series Go Facts - Wonders.
Go Facts sets deliver the clear, exciting and easy-to-read nonfiction your students need. As they move up through the reading levels, your students are guided from their own experiences to the wider world around them. Each Go Facts title is a model of coherent, integrated topic development, with concepts and ideas supported by fact boxes, photographs and illustrations. Go Facts introduces the structures and conventions of nonfiction writing, presenting models that are explored via activities in the Teaching Guides (sold separately).
View the Series List
Go Facts Wonders - Teaching Guide
This Teaching Guide includes teaching notes and student worksheets on reading and writing nonfiction for each title in the Go Facts - Wonders series. To teach the reading and writing of information reports systematically, work through the lessons in the order in which they are presented in each book of the set.
- Professional resources that foster the reading and writing link
- Detailed notes on teaching strategies
- Modelled, shared and interactive writing activities
- Whole class, small group and individual activities
- Reading and writing notes for each Student Book in the set-an integrated teaching solution
- Worksheet for every lesson
- Assessment Checklist for recording student progress
- Subject: Non-Fiction, Science
- School Level*: Middle Primary
- Reading Level: 29
- Reading Age*: 8.5+ yrs
- Word Count: 2000-2400
- Broadband: I
*Please note: School Level and Reading Age are a guide only.
View Sample Pages
Click on the images below the product image (at the top of the page) to view sample pages.
About the Series
From the ancient pyramids to the Hubble Space Telescope, via the Great Barrier Reef and the Galapagos Islands, students traverse the globe to learn about human endeavour and the natural world. Go Facts - Wonders has strong links to HSIE/SOSE and Science outcomes. Go Facts - Wonders integrates the study of human societies and their environments with reading and writing. The books are ideal for use as part of a literacy program, or during a unit about one of the four topics in the set: Ancient Wonders, Natural Wonders, Modern Wonders and Technological Wonders.
Also Available in the 'Go Facts - Wonders' Series
Go Facts - Wonders Set
Titles in the Go Facts - Wonders Set
- Go Facts Wonders - Natural Wonders
- Go Facts Wonders - Technological Wonders
- Go Facts Wonders - Ancient Wonders
- Go Facts Wonders - Modern Wonders
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.