Part of the series Food For You (Third Edition).
Developing food skills for life.
Updated to reflect the Design and Technologies: Food Specialisations strand as well as the Health and Physical Education food and nutrition focus area of the Australian Curriculum and state curricula, Food for You (Third Edition) equips students with the skills they need to thrive within the classroom and helps them to develop an ethical and responsible understanding of food choices for life outside of the classroom.
New in this edition:
- Clearly identified new material provides students with an awareness of food production from paddock to plate, encourages discussion and equips them with the knowledge to be ethical consumers in local and global contexts.
- Updated content including well-tested new recipes and diverse activities that cater to multiple learning styles are combined with a fresh, clear, easy-to-follow layout to engage today’s students.
What we’ve kept that you love:
- The Interactive Textbook included with the print textbook brings the study of food to life.
- The in-depth focus on the design process and solutions encourages students to apply design thinking and to work with design briefs.
- The kitchen-friendly design with a ring-bound workbook and visually helpful images is ideal for the practical Food Studies classroom.
- Research activities encourage group work and the use of IT.
1 Working safely and responsibly
2 Let’s get cooking
3 Discovering design
4 Food choices for healthy living
5 Fruits and vegetables
6 Cereals and grains
7 Animals as food
8 Eggs and dairy products
9 Legumes, nuts and seeds
10 Flavoursome: Fats and food flavourings
11 Making considered food choices
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.