English Skills Builder 1 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Student Book + obook/assess (Print & Digital)
Part of the series English Skills Builder 1.
The Australian Curriculum edition of the English Skills Builder series sees these best-selling skills resources fully revised to address the three English strands of Language, Literacy and Literature. Designed to complement any English program, this series will teach and reinforce the skills that students need at junior secondary level. Each workbook is divided into 50 units, and content explores different aspects of language use as well as different text types and genres. The English Skills Builder series are now accompanied by digital obooks for the first time. The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. As well as containing the student text, the obook offers additional Enriching Literature units focusing on texts relevant to the cross-curriculum priorities, as well as popular classic and contemporary texts.
- The new editions see an increase in visual material with exploration of multimodal text types such as film, picture books and illustrated novels, digital texts, advertisements and more.
- Fresh new design, now in full colour and with more student writing room. Ideal preparation for skills needed to succeed in the literacy component of NAPLAN testing.
- Units can be worked through sequentially, used in conjunction with other sections or selected individually to support a particular class or student; suitable for homework or classroom use.
- All answers for exercises are provided online via the obook.
Part A Language and Literacy Parts of speech
- Unit 1 - Overview of parts of speech
- Unit 2 - Recognising nouns
- Unit 3 - Types of nouns
- Unit 4 - Pronouns
- Unit 5 - Verbs
- Unit 6 - Regular and irregular verbs
- Unit 7 - Simple verb tenses
- Unit 8 - Adjectives
- Unit 9 - Using adjectives
- Unit 10 - Adverbs
- Unit 11 - Using adverbs
- Unit 12 - Prepositions
- Unit 13 - Conjunctions
- Unit 14 - Practice with parts of speech
- Unit 15 - Sentences
- Unit 16 - Subject and predicate
- Unit 17 - Phrases
- Unit 18 - Clauses
- Unit 19 - Building sentences
- Unit 20 - Fragments and run-on sentences
- Unit 21 - Ambiguous sentences
- Unit 22 - Sentence writing practice
- Unit 23 - Overview of punctuation
- Unit 24 - Punctuation to end sentences
- Unit 25 - Commas
- Unit 26 - Apostrophes: contractions
- Unit 27 - Apostrophes: possessives
- Unit 28 - Punctuating speech
- Unit 29 - Capital letters
- Unit 30 - Abbreviations
- Unit 31 - Punctuation practice
- Unit 32 - Letters and syllables
- Unit 33 - Prefixes and suffixes
- Unit 34 - Word origins
- Unit 35 - Synonyms and antonyms
- Unit 36 - Homonyms
- Unit 37 - Confusing pairs of words
- Unit 38 - Becoming a good speller
- Unit 39 - Difficult words to spell
- Unit 40 - Using a dictionary
- Unit 41 - Vocabulary practice
- Unit 42 - Writing paragraphs
- Unit 43 - Using fewer words
- Unit 44 - Editing checklist
Part B Literature
- Unit 45 - Reading short stories and novels
- Unit 46 - Reading picture books and illustrated novels
- Unit 47 - Reading poetry
- Unit 48 - Reading film texts
- Unit 49 - Reading non-fiction texts
- Unit 50 - Reading persuasive texts
obook only content
Enrich Literature Units
- Maralinga, the Anangu Story
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret
- Inanimate Alice
- The Binna Binna Man
- The Dream of the Thylacine
- The Knife of Never Letting Go
- The Highwayman
- Antipodes: poetic responses
Also available in the English Skills Builder Series
Digital Only Option
The obook offers additional Enriching Literature units focusing on texts relevant to the cross-curriculum priorities, as well as popular classic and contemporary texts.
English Skills Builder 1 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Student obook/assess code card (Digital Only)
Practical and targeted teacher support is provided in digital format via Teacher obook/assess.
English Skills Builder 1 - Australian Curriculum Edition: Teacher obook/assess code card (Digital Only)
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.