Part of the series Dice Activities.
Dice activities for subtraction blackline master was created by teachers to engage students in activities which develop fluency with the arithmetic operations of subtraction and the mathematical principles involved in thinking about subtraction in a multiple of ways. Eight sections provide subtraction practice in activities such as subtraction graphs and charts, table completion, rounds, patterns, subtraction bingo, hidden number, tic-tac-toe and four-grid tic-tac-toe games.
Dice activities for subtraction provides opportunities to:
- develop the concept of the difference between two numbers;
- develop the concept of 'minus' - removing a smaller amount from a larger amount;
- develop fluency with basic subtraction facts;
- reinforce number patterns;
- develop game strategy;
- explore the probability concept of chance; and
- develop communication and co-operation skills by working in teams of two students.
- eight different dice activities
- teachers notes
- discussion points
- Australian curriculum links
- suggestions for ways to assist students
- lists of materials required
- variations for each activity
- a ‘hundreds chart’
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.