Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
The theoretical, practical and planning guide to understanding child development and learning, Child Development and Learning, integrates concepts of learning and development into one concise text for child development.
With a clear and engaging style, it presents up-to-date research while offering practical applications that will relate to students’ personal and professional lives. This book takes a holistic focus to understanding child development, incorporating the age ranges from infancy to adolescence.
Within each of the five sections of the book there are four chapters based on chronological age, which look at the developmental stages within each domain. The sixth section provides an overview of how to plan for the five sections within the Australian education system, from early childhood education and care through the primary school years and senior schooling. Child Development and Learning allows students to link theoretical concepts with practical strategies while providing examples of how to effectively program and plan for learning and development.
- Covers the full age range of birth to 18 divided into the four categories of infancy (birth – 2 years), early childhood (3 – 8 years), middle childhood (9 – 13 years) and adolescence (14 – 18 years)
- Provides important links with the Australian Curriculum and framework across birth to 18 years of age
- Includes research based evidence and practical strategies
- Each chapter includes a number of images, figures and links to custom videos
- Stop and Think questions invite students to critically think about the content they are reading
- Recommended further readings and revision questions are at the end of each chapter
- Includes a section dedicated to Australian teacher education programs, providing links to Australian Curriculum documents along with examples of how to effectively program and plan for learning and development.
PART 1: PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Infancy Physical Development
- Early Childhood Physical Development
- Middle Childhood Physical Development
- Adolescent Physical Development
PART 2: COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT
- Infancy Cognitive Development
- Early Childhood Cognitive Development
- Middle Childhood Cognitive Development
- Adolescent Cognitive Development
PART 3: LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Infancy Language and Communication Development
- Early Childhood Language and Communication Development
- Middle Childhood Language and Communication Development
- Adolescent Language and Communication Development
PART 4: SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Infancy Social Development
- Early Childhood Social Development
- Middle Childhood Social Development
- Adolescent Social Development
PART 5: EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Infancy Emotional Development
- Early Childhood Emotional Development
- Middle Childhood Emotional Development
- Adolescent Emotional Development
PART 6: PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING FOR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Programming and Planning for Australian Early Childhood Education and Care (with Jenny Dwyer)
- Programming and Planning for Australian Primary Schools
- Programming and Planning for Australian Secondary Schools
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Author(s)||Susanne Garvis, Sivanes Phillipson, Sharryn Clarke, Linda Harrison, Jane McCormack, Donna Pendergast|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.