Part of the series Challenging Science Crosswords.
Challenging Science Crosswords has a unique, student-friendly approach to increasing science literacy. Each have been thoroughly trialled in classrooms, with positive feedback from students who find the crosswords great for revision and fun to do. Teachers have found the crosswords to be excellent springboards for promoting discussion of science concepts and issues, and for introducing or revising core curriculum. The crosswords have been designed so that teachers can target every student's ability and confidence level with an easy photocopiable feature that makes the activities simpler or more challenging. Challenging Science Crosswords provide fun ways to teach and reinforce the context of core curriculum- these crosswords provide an important link between written literacy and science knowledge. The activities can be modified to suit the literacy level of students and the topics are organised into four themes for easy teacher reference:
- Earth and space
- The living world
- The physical world
- Skills, careers and concepts
- Earth and space: Earth’s formation, Planet Earth, Weather, Atmosphere, The Solar System, Space, Resources, Rocks and minerals, Uses of rocks and minerals.
- The living world: Living things, Classification, Further classification, Invertebrates, Vertebrates, Function of living things, Cells, Microscopy, Micro-organisms, Food, Food and digestion, Plant structure, Australian plants, Blood and bone, Body bones, Respiration and excretion, Skin, Ecology, Living together, Feral animals, Aussie animals.
- The physical world: States of matter, Forces Magnets, Electricity, Light and sound, Substance and reactions, Technology.
- Skills, careers and concepts: Safety, Units and method, Processes in experiments, Tools for science, Useful concepts, Famous Australian scientists, Renowned scientists, Scientists and their ‘ologies’
View Sample Pages
Click on the images below to view sample pages for this title.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.