Part of the series Achieve! English.
Achieve! English - Text Types: Informative offers a range of activities to help students structure and write effective information reports and factual recounts (Book 1), and structure and write an effective procedure or explanation (Book 2). Each unit provides appropriate examples and breaks down the key features and language elements of each text type. Resource and activity sheets allow students to practise and learn the building blocks for how to successfully plan, write and edit informative, procedural and explanation texts.
- Book 1 - Information Report & Factual: Explores opening statements, subheadings, paragraph structure, sequencing, summing up and quoting sources.
- Book 2 - Procedure & Explanation: Explores formulating explanation statements, creating subheadings, paragraph structure, creating lists of materials, sequencing events, effective research strategies and the use of diagrams.
- Improves students ability in creating effective written, procedure or explanation communication pieces
- Each unit breaks down key features and language elements of various text types
- Includes resource sheets and engaging activity work sheets
View Sample Pages
Click on the images below to view sample pages.
Book 2 - Procedure & Explanation
About the Achieve! English Series
The Achieve! English series is for secondary students with low-level literacy skills who require modified classroom activities to fully participate in the curriculum. Give your students the ability and confidence to work alongside their classmates on curriculum-related materials specifically tailored for their literacy needs. Titles in this series have a mature-look and include topics that will appeal to teenagers. Key features:
- Strong emphasis on developing literacy skills with clear learning objectives
- Extensive Teacher’s Notes guide you through each unit ensuring your students will receive maximum success
- Included work sheets and starter activities are designed to meet curriculum requirements and contextualise content for students
- Extension ideas to reinforce main skills or knowledge, as well as ways to integrate technology into lesson planning
- Mature-look page layouts and illustrations
- Assessment sheets to record progress. These can be used for teacher reference only or together with students to involve them in the process of recording and reviewing their achievements
Other Titles in the 'Achieve! English' Series
Structuring Your Writing
Assists students to implement order, interest and organisation in their writing.
View Structuring Your Writing
Essential Writing Skills
Provides a range of activities that teach the use of common grammatical constructions and devices.
View Essential Writing Skills
Reading and Writing for Exams and Tests
Provides a range of activities that explore the types of questions commonly used for assessing students.
View Writing for Exams and Tests
Speaking and Listening
Provides students with strategies for communicating effectively in a variety of situations, for a variety of purposes.
View Speaking and Listening
Essential Reading Skills
Provides students with strategies for extracting meaning from a variety of text types.
View Essential Reading Skills
Writing for Everyday Purposes
Focuses on the variety text types students regularly use.
View Writing for Everyday Purposes
Writing for Work
Covers a range of tasks related to workplace writing and communication.
View Writing for Work
Reading for Meaning 2
Helps students to explore, interpret and analyse a range of text types, such as instructional, persuasive, poetry and narrative, and key features of each genre.
View Reading for Meaning 2
Proofreading and Editing
Helps students correct and improve their writing through a range of engaging activities.
View Proofreading and Editing
Text Types: Narrative 1
Breaks down the elements of narrative text into manageable explanations and provides students with short, appropriate examples.
View Text Types: Narrative 1
Text Types: Persuasive 1
Outlines the key features of persuasive texts and writing techniques, and provides students with short, appropriate examples.
View Text Types: Persuasive 1
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.