The Shorter Guide to English Usage for Australian Students has been a trusted reference book for Australian secondary students for more than 25 years. This new edition combines the comprehensiveness and reliability of the previous edition with extensive revision to ensure that students accurately reflect the content of the new Australian Curriculum.
- A thorough treatment of grammatical terms with lots of clear examples and discussion of usage questions.
- A comprehensive treatment of the punctuation marks used in English.
- A section devoted to the vocabulary of English, including Latin and Greek roots, homonyms and homophones, prefixes and suffixes.
- Handy lists of common proverbs and idioms.
- A detailed overview of different types of texts with annotated examples.
- 20 Test Yourself sections.
About the Author
Margaret Ramsay has over 25 years of experience teaching English literacy. She has taught at Bremer State High School and Everton Park State High School and is also a life member of The Queensland English Teachers' Association. While teaching, Margaret developed a successful Reading Retraining program for students at risk. Since retirement, Margaret has become even more involved in literacy, volunteering with students with learning difficulties.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.