Part of the series Targeting Spelling.
Targeting Spelling is a whole school spelling program that has been developed and trialled in classrooms over many years with outstanding results. It can be used equally successfully by individual teachers and will provide students with a solid foundation in spelling.
About the Series
Each book contains a comprehensive description on how to use the program and its various elements, which include:
- 32 weekly lesson plans with explicit teaching notes and photocopiable worksheets
- photocopiable Word Warm-Ups booklet that is intended for use by each student throughout the year
- Student Disk with 10 spelling games written to support the program, which are carefully levelled for each year
- Teacher Disk with all the photocopiable materials, as well as extra hands-on games for practising and reinforcing each new skill
- instructional videos with detailed information about teaching spelling and using the Targeting Spelling program
- assessment materials to regularly benchmark students’ progress
View Sample Pages
Click on the image below to view sample pages.
About the Author
Del Merrick is an experienced teacher currently working for Education Queensland as a Support Teacher, Learning Difficulties. She has taught in many primary schools, both nationally and internationally, and has undertaken various educator positions including Key Teacher, English; Further Literacy In-service Project Consultant; ‘First Steps’ Tutor; Education Adviser; Literacy and Key Learning Area Regional Coordinator, English. Del has worked extensively with educators in both the state and non-state systems, providing strong leadership and professional expertise while guiding and supporting changed classroom methodology and improved literacy practices. She is the author of many educational materials, including the best-selling Blake's Grammar Guide and Blake's Spelling Guide, and has designed an extensive range of professional development workshops and resource materials for educators. Her personal interests include a passion for poetry and music.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.