Part of the series Targeting Handwriting WA - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Western Australian Strand Outcome Statements.
To be competent writers, students' handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting WA Teacher Resource Books:
As well as continuing to give students two pages of tracing, tracking and independent writing exercises for each letter the Targeting Handwriting Year 1 Student Book also features:
- lower and upper-case letters in words
- patterning exercises to reinforce basic letter shapes
- two pages of tracing, tracking and independent writing exercises for each letter
- alternative formation for some upper-case letters to assist left-handed students
- a seahorse character highlights the placement of letters within lines
- students trace and write their own letters within lines and also trace and copy simple sentences
- numerals 1-10
- handy student reference for pencil grip and paper position is included on the inside back cover
fun and colourful alphabet is included on the back cover
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 1,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.