Part of the series Targeting Handwriting QLD - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. This new and improved New Curriculum Editions of Targeting Handwriting QLD Student Books ensures teachers have complete coverage of the Australian Curriculum.
The Targeting Handwriting series provides everything you’ll need to give your students a thorough grounding and lots of practice in all the vital handwriting skills. Writing is a vital, compelling form of communication. To be competent writers, our handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum.
The Years 4–7 Targeting Handwriting Student Books have been designed to make learning cursive handwriting as easy as possible for students. New skills and techniques are introduced sequentially, so that students build on skills one by one and aren’t called on to use skills that haven’t been introduced yet.
Wherever possible, students copy words underneath models, so that left-handers aren’t disadvantaged, and practice of numerals and punctuation is integrated into the writing activities. Assessment pages make assessment of specific handwriting skills easy, and the books also encourage and support student self-awareness. As students get older, they will encounter situations in which it is important to be able to write quickly and legibly.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting Queensland Teacher Resource Book:
The New Curriculum Edition of the Targeting Handwriting QLD Prep Student Book introduces Prep students to the Queensland Beginner’s Alphabet using simple, flowing, natural hand movements, including gently sloped straight lines, anti-clockwise and clockwise rotations.
The letters are grouped according to these movement patterns, with more complex movements introduced later in the book, allowing students to build on their knowledge.
- Instruction and activities that are simple and repetitive, allowing concentrations on the writing task.
- Each letter is clearly represented on the top left-hand side of the double page.
- Capital and lower-case letters are paired together on the top right-hand side as a tracking activity.
- Starting points all clearly marked.
- Track and trace activities explore the shape and formation of each letter, encouraging fluency of movement.
- Practice lines for each letter.
- Writing of numerals 1 – 10 is included at the back of the book.
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.