The book provides "..a varied and balanced collection, a range of styles and a fascinating range of topics. There is something here for everyone in the class...." English in Australia, Vol 41, No 1 2006
Storywizards is a refreshingly different anthology of short stories for junior-secondary students. It profiles six contemporary Australian writers and presents a selection of some of their best short stories.
Features• the writers talk about their writing and stories, giving students a sense of the personal context in which the stories were written
• the stories cover a wide range of topics, genres and styles
• each is followed by questions and activities that focus on comprehension, deeper thinking about issues raised, writing techniques and suggestions for student writing
• for each story, one particular feature of the writing is highlighted and explored, such as theme, plot, character or point of view
• concluding activities ask students to make connections between the stories and explore the collection as a whole
• both established and emerging writers are featured in this exciting anthology.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.