Part of the series Stories from Australia's History - Set 1.
Stories from Australia's History is a fascinating series for middle-upper primary that tells the stories of some momentous times in our history. The approach promotes critical thinking and analysis with an emphasis on causes and effects, key personalities, and the long-term outcomes for Australian society. These books bring their intriguing stories alive with a highly visual presentation that will engage students. Graphic-style re-enactments are employed alongside conventional presentation to convey details that text alone cannot convey, and to show different viewpoints simultaneously
- A variety of text types eg profiles, viewpoints and debates, historical quotations, letters, newspaper articles quotations.
- Timelines, maps, annotated photographs and illustrations
- Text-boxes provide short snippets of information for clarity
- The Anzacs and the Battle of Gallipoli
- Captain Arthur Phillip and the First Fleet
- Douglas Mawson's Antarctic Expedition
- Peter Lalor and the Eureka Stockade
- Vida Goldstein's Fight for Women's Rights
- Vincent Lingiari and the Wave Hill Walkout
Vincent Lingiari and the Wave Hill Walkout
- Stories from Australia's history
- Vincent Lingiari and the Wave Hill walkout
- The big picture
- Key people
- The strike (Graphic pages)
- A fight for land rights (Graphic pages)
- What happened next?
- The effects of the Wave Hill walkout
- What do you think?
- Find out more
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||s History Set 1 Digital Books (CD Pack) | Stories from Australia|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.