Part of the series Science: A STEM Approach.
Imagine a world of innovative, communicative, collaborative and thoughtful problem-solvers. Now imagine a world where needs are met, problems are solved and sustainable decisions are made. Wouldn’t it be fabulous?
The STEM Projects series provides opportunities for students to develop science knowledge and skills, design and technology skills, mathematics skills and general capabilities while completing short or long-term projects. It encourages students to follow a consistent design process while completing the projects, including finding out information, planning and designing, creating, evaluating and communicating. The projects allow students to work in small teams, using effective communication and collaboration skills, to plan, design, create and evaluate a thoughtful and innovative solution to a given task. When satisfied with their solutions, students showcase and discuss their design, explaining how science was used throughout the project.
Each box in the STEM Projects series contains:
- Two introductory cards explaining STEM education; time allocations for using the cards; and tips for planning, differentiating, teaching and assessing STEM projects, as well as classroom management and resource management ideas.
- One card with icons explaining each step of the design process, in child-friendly language.
- One card explaining the Science sub-strand; how the projects can be linked to Design and technology, Digital technology and Mathematics skills; and providing an overview of each project contained within the sub-strand, including the task and the specific materials required.
- Six short-term projects and one long-term project for each sub-strand of Australian Curriculum: Science - a total of 28 different projects.
- Six copies of each project to allow for small-group use - that's 168 cards all up!
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.