By middle and upper primary, classes typically have a huge range in ability levels. Using the placement tests in Phonic and Sight Word Sequence levels are quickly established and class specific content can be devised. This best selling resource covers Foundation all the way through to Year 6 and provides teachers and parents with:
A structured whole-school scope and sequence for primary schools, outlining phonic concepts, spelling rules, morphology, reading and spelling words, sight words and assessments.
- Termly reviews are provided for establishing the range in ability, for reviewing progress and for measurable data.
- Stages 1, 2 and 3 primarily outline structured synthetic phonics content along with common bound morpheme suffixes.
- Stages 4, 5 and 6 are comprised of structured synthetic plus more sophisticated word attack spelling based upon syllables, prefixes, suffixes, and morphemes.
- Placement tests, term reviews, and short investigations when students are slow to progress are included.
- Guidelines for the explicit teaching of sight words are contained within the appendix.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Diana Rigg (PLD)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.