Part of the series Pearson English - Year 7.
The Second Edition of the Pearson English 7 Activity Book offers updated texts, activities, design and coverage of the Australian Curriculum: English. It caters for students of all abilities, including students with English as an Additional Language. The Pearson English Activity Books are designed to develop and consolidate students’ knowledge and understanding of the English language and grammar. They integrate cumulative learning in the Language strand of the curriculum, as well as in the Literature and Literacy strands. Using the Activity Books, students develop higher order language and literacy skills. They are supported with a solid language foundation, clear explanations and scaffolded learning. Students are exposed to rich and varied literature sources and text types, including contemporary and classic texts, Australian Aboriginal storytelling and news articles. Each level of the Activity Books includes core units which offer clear Language explanations followed by scaffolded activities to use the language in context and build on grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading and writing skills. At the back of the book, four revision units support students in preparing for summative assessment. Teachers will also find extension activities, tests, pedagogical support, Australian Curriculum correlation charts and more online for free.
Features and Benefits
- Enrich mastery of the English language with a wide range of activities and support catering to different levels.
- Updated features for Pearson English 7-10 Activity Books Second Edition:
- Based on research conducted in Australian schools
- Updated texts, activities and design
- The Second Edition is fully aligned to the latest version of the Australian Curriculum: English
- Now catering for the multi-abilities classroom, including students with English as an Additional Language (EAL/D)
- 2 extra feature boxes for a more complete student support: Hints and running glossary
- Clear language explanations and a varied range of activities and texts to use the language in context
- New revision units at the back of the books to help students prepare for summative assessment.
- Tests, extension tasks, answers, Australian Curriculum correlation charts and insightful teaching support are now provided online for free
- The second edition retains the best features of the acclaimed first edition:
- Written and reviewed by experienced teachers and textbook authors
- Activities can be completed in class or independently
- A write-in resource designed to develop and consolidate students' learning and understanding of the English Language
- Students have access to extra activities and web destinations online for free.
- Unit 1 Common nouns - Novel extract
- Unit 2 Proper nouns - Visual and informative
- Unit 3 Collective nouns
- Unit 4 Concrete and abstract nouns - Fiction
- Unit 5 Infinitive and regular verbs - Novel extract
- Unit 6 Regular and irregular verbs - Visual
- Unit 7 The verb ‘to be’ - Novel extract
- Unit 8 Adjectives - Novel extract
- Unit 9 Adjectives of comparison - Letter
- Unit 10 Personal pronouns - Novel extract
- Unit 11 Possessive pronouns - Myth
- Unit 12 Prepositions - Novel extract
- Unit 13 Conjunctions - Novel extract
- Unit 14 Paired conjunctions - Folktale
- Unit 15 Commas (Part 1) - Novel extract
- Unit 16 Commas (Part 2) - Novel extract
- Unit 17 Apostrophes (Part 1) - Visual and novel extract
- Unit 18 Apostrophes (Part 2) - Novel extract
- Unit 19 Capital letters - Letter
- Unit 20 Hyphens, brackets and dashes - Brochure
- Unit 21 Colons and semicolons - Novel extracts
- Unit 22 Quotation marks - Personal writing
- Unit 23 Question and exclamation marks - Reportage
- Unit 24 Homophones - Novel extract
- Unit 25 Prefixes and suffixes
- Unit 26 Latin word roots - Informative
- Unit 27 Word origins - Poem
- Unit 28 Specialist language - Advertisement
- Unit 29 Proofreading - Fiction
- Revision 1 Units 1–9 - Novel extract
- Revision 2 Units 9–14 - Novel extract
- Revision 3 Units 15–23 - Fiction
- Revision 4 Units 24–27 - Fiction
It started with a question: what makes a good English lesson? Pearson English has been built from the ground up to answer that question, using the people who would know best. We sourced teachers as authors, ran focus groups with teachers from government, independent and Catholic schools and tested all material in Australian classrooms. The result is the most comprehensive English series, written, reviewed and tested by English teachers. All texts have been independently audited by practising teachers in over 90 hours of revisions and improvements, ensuring that the final content is uniformly excellent and matches the content and assessment requirements of the Australian Curriculum, and our thorough trials mean that you can be sure the texts, tasks and activities are classroom ready. There is an amazing range of texts (over 380 texts) covering traditional and non-traditional options, including fiction and non-fiction, newspapers, letters, graphic novels, animations, manga, poetry, short stories and plays which also include unique Indigenous and Asia-Pacific literature.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.