Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
Entry Level 1
The Entry Level 1 series has been specifically developed to provide tasks that are familiar and accessible to less able students, using real-world settings – a factory, a supermarket and a hotel – to put everyday numeracy skills in context. The activities are of a lower level than those in series 1 and 2, and are ideal for students who require a foundation in basic skills before progressing to higher levels.
Measurement, Shape and Space
Students learn about different measures, including size, height, length, width, weight and capacity, how to add and subtract with money, and the vocabulary of time. Tasks include:
- Add money
- Choose the right coins and notes to pay for something
- Compare and describe the size, length, width, height, weight and capacity of objects
- Count forwards and backwards
- Count coins
- Make lists
- Read and understand words related to time
- Read and write time using the 12-hour clock
- Read numbers up to 10, in numerals and words
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.