Part of the series Nelson Psychology VCE Units 1 & 2.
Nelson Psychology VCE Units 1 & 2, third edition, has been comprehensively updated by practising teachers for the new VCAA VCE Psychology Study Design being implemented at Units 1 & 2 in 2016. The new edition rigorously follows the 2016 – 2021 Study Design in both content and intent.
Key knowledge is fully and carefully explained in easy to understand, student-friendly language. Key skills are scaffolded and practised throughout ensuring that students are well prepared to undertake the research investigation in Unit 1 Area of Study 3 and the practical investigation in Unit 2 Area of Study 3. Dedicated chapters on the research investigation and practical investigation provide invaluable assistance to students as they undertake these assessment tasks.
Graded questions throughout each chapter reinforce student understanding, questions at the end of each chapter provide greater understanding, application and analysis; and evaluation style questions provide students with examples of what they will encounter in exams.
The Nelson VCE Psychology package is a focussed, precise and complete resource to enable your students to achieve their best possible outcome in VCE Psychology.
*Complimentary access to NelsonNet is available to teachers who use the accompanying student book as a core resource in their classroom. Contact your education consultant for access codes and conditions.
- Chapter opening page details the key knowledge that is covered in the chapter
- Key terms are highlighted within the chapter. Definitions are provided on each double page spread to enable students to read and understand each page without interruption. Key terms also appear in an end-of-book glossary
- Try it yourself activities provide students with short activities that consolidate or exemplify key knowledge from the chapter
- Chapter summary provides a list of the key concepts that have been discussed and developed in the chapter. This will assist students in revision and exam preparation
- Check your understanding questions give students the opportunity to recall and recap short chunks of content to help reinforce understanding. Answers to ‘Check your understanding’ are provided at the back of the book
- Key knowledge is fully and carefully explained in easy to understand student-friendly language
- Focus on research provides examples of psychological research to assist your students in building and consolidating key science skills
- 1 Scientific research methods
- 2 Role of the brain in mental processes and behaviour
- 3 Areas of the brain
- 4 Brain plasticity and brain damage
- 5 The complexity of psychological development
- 6 Atypical psychological development
- 7 Research investigation
- 8 Sensation and perception
- 9 Distortions of perception
- 10 Social cognition
- 11 Social influences on behaviour
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.