Nelson iScience for the Australian Curriculum - Year 9: Student Book with 4 Access Codes
Part of the series Nelson iScience for the Australian Curriculum.
The Nelson iScience series fully meets the requirements of the Australian Curriculum with full integration of the three strands: Science Inquiry Skills, Science as a Human Endeavor and Science Understanding. It contains new, up-to-date, engaging and innovative science in an easy to use design.
Nelson iScience assists teachers who are looking for a fully developed program that flawlessly embeds ICT into teaching practice. Many students enter the classroom skilled in utilising a large array of technology; Nelson iScience provides these students with a means to use and expand upon these skills to assist them in learning. It will assist teachers and students to use ICT to: inquire, create, communicate and collaborate. Nelson iScience also encourages students to develop safe and ethical work practices when using ICT.
- Unit 1: Internal relationships: coordinating complex organisms
- Unit 2: Internal relationships: defending the body
- Unit 3: External relationships: how organisms build ecosystems
- Unit 4: Changing ecosystems
- Unit 5: The story of the atom
- Unit 6: New substances
- Unit 7: Chemical reactions in living and non-living systems
- Unit 8: Our changing planet
- Unit 9: Communicating with energy
- Easy to use in the classroom
- Visually appealing full-colour design
- Each unit begins with an overarching unit question linked to one of the overarching ideas
- Hands-on investigations and activities build, reinforce and consolidate Science Inquiry Skills
- Development of Higher Order Thinking skills embedded within activities and text
- Technology and Web 2.0 activities embedded within activities and text
- Questions throughout text and end of unit classified using Bloom’s taxonomy.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 9,|
|Author(s)||Gary Bass, Sandra Bishop, Richard Cackett, Anna Davis, Debra Smith, Annie Termaat|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.