Part of the series Nelson iScience for the Australian Curriculum.
The Nelson iScience series fully meets the requirements of the Australian Curriculum with full integration of the three strands: Science Inquiry Skills, Science as a Human Endeavor and Science Understanding. It contains new, up-to-date, engaging and innovative science in an easy to use design.
Nelson iScience assists teachers who are looking for a fully developed program that flawlessly embeds ICT into teaching practice. Many students enter the classroom skilled in utilising a large array of technology; Nelson iScience provides these students with a means to use and expand upon these skills to assist them in learning. It will assist teachers and students to use ICT to: inquire, create, communicate and collaborate. Nelson iScience also encourages students to develop safe and ethical work practices when using ICT.
- Unit 1: Cells
- Unit 2: Systems
- Unit 3: Reproduction
- Unit 4: Particles
- Unit 5: Types of substances
- Unit 6: Chemical changes
- Unit 7: Rocks
- Unit 8: Energy
- Easy to use in the classroom
- Visually appealing full-colour design
- Each unit begins with an overarching unit question linked to one of the overarching ideas
- Hands-on investigations and activities build, reinforce and consolidate Science Inquiry Skills
- Development of Higher Order Thinking skills embedded within activities and text
- Technology and Web 2.0 activities embedded within activities and text
- Questions throughout text and end of unit classified using Bloom’s taxonomy.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
|Author(s)||Sandra Bishop, Richard Cackett, Neil Champion, David Hall, Andrew Hansen, Elizabeth McKenna, Sue Rogger-Amies, Rebecca Smyth|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.