Nelson English for QCE - Units 1 & 2: Student Book provides thorough grounding in effectively reading texts, perspectives, characterisation, aesthetic features and stylistic devices to provide a complete course and strong foundation for the new QCAA Senior English syllabus.
The guide provides opportunities for students to engage with and respond to a variety of classical and contemporary literary and non-literary texts and regular activities allow students to explore three interrelated areas of study: texts in context, language and textual analysis and responding to and creating texts.
- Questions follow Marzano and Kendall's new taxonomy of educational objectives, on which the syllabus objectives are based.
- Assessment tasks and annotated model responses provide opportunities to create and respond to texts.
- Understanding genre
- Terminology: Words you need to know
- Analysing texts
- Aesthetics and stylisticdevices
- The Crucible
- The Curious Incident of the Dog and The Good Doctor
- Jasper Jones
- Satirical cartoons, The Rabbits and Animal Farm
- Assessment focus: writing for a public audience
- Assessment focus: Persuasive spoken responses
- The Drover’s Wife (play study)
- The Secret River (TV series)
- The Dry
- The Happiest Refugee
- A selection of Australian poetry
- Assessment focus: Imaginative written responses
- Assessment focus: Analytical written responses
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
|Author(s)||Elli Housden, Grace Loyden, & Virginia Ayliffe|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.