An extension and enrichment program for upper primary and lower secondary students, providing teachers with a range of problem-solving tasks that can be used with mathematically elite or highly able students.
- Each activity has a clear aim together with a full list of the resources required.
- Fully worked solutions are provided for all tasks, with hints where necessary.
Section 1: Extension class lessons with differentiated activities at three levels:
- A selection of 12 problems written to a theme with an introductory lesson for all students followed by an application task, an extension task for higher achieving students, then a second extension task for an extra challenge.
- Each lesson is supported by interactive whiteboard files on an enclosed CD.
Section 2: Open-ended tasks:
- 12 open-ended problem-solving tasks, with solutions, based on a variety of themes requiring students to work in a more independent manner, and to apply the skills developed in Section 1.
Section 3: Mathematics reading and comprehension tasks:
- 6 worded questions, with solutions, based on a variety of themes. The questions are similar to reading comprehension problems, with each requiring a mathematical component to complete the task.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.