Part of the series Macmillan History 8.
Take an inquiry approach. Macmillan History makes history engaging and stimulating, while covering all requirements of the Curriculum. Developing a new benchmark for the Australian Curriculum, content is written in an engaging style and supported by stimulating sources, problem-based exercises and innovative digital resources.
- Sources are specifically selected for their educational value
- Questions will assist students to acquire the right skills and knowledge.
Students will gain a deep appreciation of facts and opinions, the significance of history to human experience and an understanding of people, events and culture as they move through the series.
Macmillan History 8: The Ancient World to the Modern World
Macmillan History 8 builds historical knowledge and understanding within an inquiry framework that develops skills in innovative and exciting ways.
- Activities to assist comprehension of key topics and concepts
- Questions requiring analytical skills
- Activities enabling students to explore pre-existing understandings
- Tasks ensuring students apply key concepts and historical skills in a variety of ways.
- Ch 1 - An overview of the Ancient to the Modern World
- The Western and Islamic Worlds
- Ch 2 - The Vikings (c. 790-c.1066 ce)
- Ch 3 - Medieval Europe (c. 590-c.1500 ce)
- Ch 4 - The Ottomans (c. 1299-c.1683 ce)
- Ch 5 - Renaissance Italy (c. 1400-c.1600 ce)
- The Asia-Pacific World
- Ch 6 - The Khmer Empire (c. 802-c.1431 ce)
- Ch 7 - Japan under the Shoguns (c. 794-c.1867 ce)
- Ch 8 - Polynesian expansion across the Pacific (c. 700-c.1756 ce)
- Expanding Contacts
- Ch 9 - Mongol expansion (c. 1206-c.1368 ce)
- Ch 10 - The Black Death in Asia, Europe and Africa (14th century)
- Ch 11 - The Spanish conquest of the Americas (c. 1492-c.1572 ce)
View Sample Pages
Also Available in the 'Macmillan History' Series
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.