Part of the series Literacy through Science.
Literacy through Science is a three-book blackline master series designed to integrate science content with specific reading instruction. It enables students to improve their comprehension of nonfiction text and to understand scientific vocabulary and concepts appropriate to each level.
- 12 units covering the areas of life, earth and physical science
- Each unit consists of:
- pre-reading strategies - topic prediction, before and after chart and vocabulary prediction;
- a two-page nonfiction text;
- post reading activities - comprehension exercise, literacy skills review, critical thinking exercise; and
- a hands-on science experiment.
- Comprehensive teachers notes on how to implement the strategies and activities for each unit
- Content summary reference
- English and science curriculum links
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.