Infection Control Manual for Healthcare Professionals is essential for all students and trainees enrolled in HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures. It educates healthcare students practicing in a clinical setting by providing a comprehensive understanding of infection control. The text is mapped to competency HLTINF001 and provides valuable underpinning knowledge and skills required to reduce infection transmission, prevention and control.
Handy in size, complete with spiral binding and coated paper, make this handbook a great resources for use within clinical settings, or as a reference guide. Informative and user-friendly, students and trainees receive the most comprehensive coverage of infection control. In addition, an array of auxiliary resources save on instructor preparation and teaching time, as well as reinforce student learning outside of the classroom.
- Important coverage of basic microbiology including bacteria, bacterial spores, fungi and viruses
- Mapped to the HLTINF001 Comply with infection control policies and procedures (HLT15) unit of competency
- Spiral-bound text makes it easy for students to carry around in a clinical environment
- Full-colour charts to give students a visual reference to the material they will encounter in clinical practice
- Student companion website includes interactive quizzes, web links and examples of medication charts used in the text to help students reinforce concepts and revise for their exams
- Basic microbiology and infectious diseases
- Disease transmission
- Identifying and responding to infection risks
- Following infection control guidelines
- Cultural considerations in Australian healthcare
- Organisational infection control policies and procedures
- Waste minimisation, environmental responsibility and sustainable practice issues
- Appendix A: Australian, State and Territory legislative requirements
- Appendix B: Infection control orientation
- Appendix C: Outbreak management
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.