Part of the series Healthy Bodies, Happy Kids.
The need for ‘practical and commonsense strategies’ to attack one of the most critical emerging health concerns of our time has been addressed in the series, ‘Healthy Bodies, Happy Kids’. The theme-based books, with age-appropriate mascot characters that enhance visual appeal and student motivation, include sections on:
- Healthy diet;
- Body systems related to diet and exercise;
- Exercise and leisure for fitness;
- Self-esteem for a positive body image and a constructive attitude towards self-management in health;
- Media analysis involving recognition of food marketing techniques;
- Internet investigations, including a feedback site;
- Practical, inquiry-style activities based around relevant, real-life situations, using easily obtained resources such as junk mail and the newspaper.
The series aims to:
- Reduce the risk of child obesity and poor nutrition;
- Provide opportunities and motivation for physical activity;
- Foster a positive body image and promote self respect;
- Raise awareness of media influences on children.
The 4-book series also includes an informative, up-to-date and easy-to-use Resource Book that details background information to give teachers and parents insights into issues related to childhood obesity; together with age-appropriate activity books for use in the classroom or the home.
Book 1: Junior Primary
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.