A book for every teacher! Here is the key to a happy classroom:
- Help your students learn social skills that will help them to get along with their classmates.
- Create a positive and fun filled classroom where everyone can develop confidence and feel good about themselves.
- Learn strategies, games and activities to help students who are shy or awkward.
- Follow the author's suggested program, or create your own, from the wealth of ideas that make up Friendly Kids, Friendly Classrooms.
Table of Contents
Part A: Introducing the Program
- Finding your way round the book
- A range of diagnostic tools
Part B: 21 social skills
The Skill Mastery Strategy and other practice techniques
21 important classroom and playground skills, including:
- ways of trying to join others in their games
- standing up for yourself
- ways of dealing with bullies
- handling being teased
- negotiating to get what you want
- being a good loser and a good winner
- being positive towards others
- speaking in front of an audience in an interesting way
- good ways of getting the attention you want from others
Part C: Happy classrooms, happy children
- Increasing self esteem and self confidence
- Finding solutions to social problems
- Creating a happy classroom Working with a small group
Part D: Games and resources
- Everything from Spit! and Giggle Gaggle to Generosity and Global Solutions, to practise specific skills - and have great fun at the same time!
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Helen McGrath & Shona Francey|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.