Part of the series Excel Early Skills - English.
Excel Early Skills workbooks are written for children aged 3-6 in preschool and the first year of primary school. Excel Early Skills - English workbooks provide practice of early literacy skills. By using these books your child will feel confident in a wide range of English skills, and will get a head start on primary school learning.
Books In This Series
- English Book 1 - Visual Skills
- English Book 2 - Learning About Sequencing
- English Book 3 - Beginning Consonant Sounds
- English Book 4 - Ending Consonant Sounds
- English Book 5 - Vowel Sounds
- English Book 6 - Beginning, Ending and Vowel Sounds
- English Book 7 - Learning The Alphabet
- English Book 8 - Reading With Sounds 1
- English Book 9 - Reading With Sounds 2
- English Book 10 - Reading For Comprehension
English Book 10 - Reading For Comprehension
Once your child has had some practice in putting together sounds to make meaningful words, and has practised writing whole words (see Excel Early Skills - English Books 8 and 9), they can begin reading and understanding simple sentences.
In Excel Early Skills - English Book 10 Reading For Comprehension, your child will:
- Practise writing simple words from pictures
- Learn to read simple sentences and understand their meaning
- Start to develop comprehension skills by reading simple short stories
You will need to work actively with your child for each activity so they understand what they are expected to do on each page. Selected answers are provided at the back of the book to help your child interpret the pictures. Your child will also need to learn some basic 'sight words’ to understand the sentences in this book. A list of these words is provided at the back of the book. To help your child trace over and write letters, see our reference page at the back of the book.
View Sample Pages
Click on the images to view sample pages
Also Available in the Excel Early Skills Series
Excel Early Skills - Maths
Excel Early Skills workbooks are written for children aged 3-6 in preschool and the first year of primary school. The Maths workbooks offer many activities to improve early numeracy skills.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Early Years, Foundation, Year 1,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.