After completing Excel Basic Skills: Reading and Comprehension your child will have improved their reading and comprehension skills, and will be prepared for more advanced work at primary school level.
- A step-by-step learning approach
- A review of basic reading and comprehension skills
- A wide variety of activities
- Many different text-types to read and analyse
- A lift-out answer section
Comprehension of text involves bringing meaning to written (and spoken) language. It is more than the reading of printed words. The meaning of words, their context in which they exist along with punctuation and writing style all contribute to the comprehension of a specific piece of text. By experiencing a range of text types the child is more able to find the meaning in a given text. Excel Basic Skills: Reading and Comprehension uses a range of text types so that the student will feel confident in a variety of situations. Text types are usually broken into two broad types. Within each group are numerous varieties - some are listed below:
- Literary texts which include narratives (novels/stories), poetry and drama scripts
- Factual texts which include explanations, expositions, information reports, recounts and procedures
View Sample Pages
Click on the images to view sample pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.