Part of the series Excel Basic Skills - Comprehension and Written Expression.
Excel Basic Skills - Comprehension and Written Expression is essential for any student wishing to improve their comprehension skills. It allows students to practice skills such as finding facts, making references, isolating relevant information, understanding questions and paragraphs, and using tables of contents, indexes, maps and graphs to find information. The extracts are from a wide variety of genres to allow students to gain confidence in reading different materials. This series uses a range of text types so that the student will feel confident in a variety of situations. Text types are usually broken into two broad categories.
- Literary texts: include narratives, poetry and scripts
- Factual texts: include explanations, expositions, information reports, recounts and procedures
When students complete the exercises in these books, they will have worked through a number of question types from a variety of text types. Rather than give a range of question types based on each passage, the focus in this book will be on developing the student's skill with a particular question type. The book is structured so that if there is a weakness then the student can concentrate on that particular weakness and become competent without working through passages that may not contribute to the student's progress.
- Over 60 graded units of stimulating exercises and extracts
- A wide variety of questions including true or false, multiple choice, short answer and sentence completion
- Extracts from many different literary and factual text types
- A lift-out answer section
View Sample Pages
Click on the images to view sample pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.