Part of the series Event Management: Theory and Practice.
Event Management: Theory and Practice & Workbook provides coverage of the most important competency units of Certificate III and Diploma of Events in the SIT12 Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package. The accompanying workbook contains extra activities to aid student comprehension. This book takes students through the complete process of event management, starting with developing a concept, planning, organising and managing an event.
Event Management: Theory and Practice provides detailed content not featured in other event texts including the process of securing visas for international artists or profile speakers; comprehensive review of emerging areas such as environmental sustainability; and extensive legal considerations including artist and venue agreements. The glossary, review questions and accompanying workbook provide ample opportunities for students to reinforce the presented theory. This book also includes information on jobs in event management to give a complete understanding of the industry.
Event Management: Theory and Practice is written for students of Certificate III and Diploma of Events in the SIT12 Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
View Competency Grid
The workbook accompanying Event Management: Theory and Practice by Wrathall and Gee contains extra activities to aid student comprehension.
Part One: The Event Management Context
- Ch. 1: Introduction to event management
- Ch. 2: Environmental management and sustainability
Part Two: Planning Events
- Ch. 3: An introduction to the project management of events
- Ch. 4: Developing an event concept
- Ch. 5: Event marketing
- Ch. 6: Event sponsorship
- Ch. 7: Event budgeting
Part Three: Organising Events
- Ch. 8: Occupational health and safety and event security
- Ch. 9: Event staffing
- Ch. 10: Key human resource management issues
- Ch. 11: Event logistics
Part Four: Conduct of the Event
- Ch. 12: Financial considerations
- Ch. 13: Event legal compliance
- Ch. 14: Monitoring performance and continuous improvement
- Ch. 15: Production and theming
- Ch. 16: Event staging and venues
- Ch. 17: Risk and emergency services management
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Author(s)||Jeff Wrathall & Abby Jayne Gee|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.