Part of the series Economics, Civics and Citizenship - VELS Levels 5 & 6.
Economics, Civics and Citizenship - VELS Levels 5 & 6: Student Book + CD were developed by a team of experienced classroom teachers to meet the specific requirements of the newly developed Victorian Essential Learning Standards ( VELS ) Stages 5 - 6.
This full-coloured text, CD ROM and supporting student homework book allows the student to develop pathways through the three strands Physical, Personal and Social Learning, Discipline-based Learning and Interdisciplinary Learning, using a verity of resources from conventional text to ICT-based activities. These resources engage the student to achieve a level of economic and civic knowledge and understanding required to communicate and operate effectively in today's community. Values and attitudes are also explored to assist the student to make considered decisions about present and future financial, civic and citizenship matters.
Students using this text will gain a solid foundation for the study of VCE Economics, Business Management and Legal Studies.
- VELS cross-reference guide - linking the strands to the student text and CDROM.
- Topics explained at the appropriate language level so students can achieve a high level of economic and civic knowledge and understanding
- Keywords. Each topic starts with the terminology and concepts being taught within each section of the text. These terms appear in bold when first encountered in the text.
- Integrate ICT. Students can explore the topics beyond the text and help students develop their ICT skills with over 150 URL addresses and related activities.
- Check your understanding allows students to consolidate and communicate their knowledge and understanding of key ideas.
- Think and communicate offers a wide range of tasks focusing on: reasoning and interpretation, classroom discussion, group activities, presenting, development of writing skills and individual research. The activities cater for a wide range of teaching styles and student abilities.
- Case studies and special interest boxes are featured throughout the text bring the topic into the student's world.
- Full colour illustrations, using photos, cartoons and newspaper extracts.
- Diagrams, mind maps, statistical information and tables used to explain key concepts.
- Chapter reviews with multiple choice questions, role-plays, literacy tasks and activities designed to consolidate the concepts and skills developed in a chapter.
- The student CD ROM includes the complete text with direct links to over 150 URLs when online.
- Supporting write-in Student Homework Book containing activities and extension material that builds on each unit in the student text.
- Consumer choice
- Promoting and selling
- Personal finance
- The job market
- Employment issues
- Running a business
- Our economy
- Global links
CIVICS & CITIZENSHIP
- The legal system
- Law and society
- Law in action
- How we are governed
- Political involvement
- The Australian Community
- Index of URL's
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Grant Kleeman, Judy Adnum, Robin Farr, David Hamper, Rod Lane, Tina O'Connor, Elaine Hamilton|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.