Get the MECHANICS: Levers & Linkages set and learn how Levers are used to increase a force for lifting heavy objects and how they can change the direction of motion.
Find out how you can create models with complex motion by connecting many levers together and learn how these Linkages can be applied to various machines.
Build 16 working models such as a seesaw, a movable weight scale, a wheelbarrow, a parking gate, a toy with moving figures, a pantograph and two types of linkages.
STEM Mechanics – Levers & Linkages : The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands on learning.
A Quiz section is also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge!
Make learning fun with STEM toys.
Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- The relation between fulcrum, effort and load?
- How the three classes of levers are formed?
- How to use linkages in order to create toys with moving figures?
- How to use a pantograph to scale up or down an image?
- How to create an exact straight line mechanically?
- 42-page booklet with theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions.
- Full color images, drawings and interesting facts.
- Thought provoking building challenges and exercises.
- Provision to write, note results and draw conclusions.
- 16 working models to build.
|Product Type||Toys & Play, Maths & Science Equipment,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.