Part of the series Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Providing students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to investigate, reconstruct and conserve the past, Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum Third Edition has been revised and updated to provide even greater support for the core topic of the NSW Year 12 Ancient History syllabus.
Beginning with the eruption of Vesuvius and the devastation it caused, Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum Third Edition examines the history of excavations, the physical landscape, and the nature of available sources and evidence. It also comprehensively explores the social life, economy, politics, religion, architecture and entertainment in the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, as well as the influence of Greece and Hellenistic culture.
- A wide range of thought provoking primary and secondary sources encourage you to understand, analyse and interpret historical data as you develop the skills required to think like a historian.
- Analysis questions based on these sources and a range of other activities develop your historical thinking and writing skills.
- Current information on the methods, interpretations and ethical issues of modern archaeology ensure you are engaging with the most current material available.
- Chapter summaries encourage you to consolidate and reflect on your learning.
- HSC source-based exam-style practice questions help you prepare for assessment tasks and your final examination.
- The Interactive Textbook brings the study of Ancient History to life with rich digital content, and includes additional, digital-only elective topics.
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.