Part of the series Biology in Focus.
Biology in Focus - Year 11 meets the complete requirements of the 2017 NSW NESA Stage 6 Biology syllabus in intent, content and sequence. The student book is written in accessible language and has clear, explanations throughout. The scenario-style questions at the end of each module allow students to review, analyse and evaluate content throughout. The text provides learning across all curriculum areas, as detailed in the syllabus and contains a dedicated chapter on how to approach and carry out the Depth Study at Year 11. ‘Working Scientifically’ processes are developed within each investigation, with supporting primary and secondary-sourced investigations, including modelling, are embedded within the content.
- Cell structure and technologies
- Cell function
- Organisation of cells
- Nutrient and gas requirements
- Effects of the environment on organisms
- Adaptations and classification
- The theory of evolution
- Evidence to support the theory of evolution by natural selection
- Population dynamics
- Past ecosystems
- Future management of ecosystems
- 13 Depth studies
- Accessible language and clear explanation of concepts throughout.
- Scenario-style questions within each chapter to apply, analyse and evaluate content.
- Review quizzes at the end of each chapter to test students’ understanding.
- Learning across the curriculum areas, as detailed in the syllabus, embedded within the content.
- ‘Working Scientifically’ processes developed within each investigation.
- Includes both primary and secondary-sourced investigations, including modelling.
- Contains a dedicated chapter on how to approach and carry out the Depth Study at Years 11 and 12.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
|Author(s)||Glenda Chidrawi, Sarah Bradstock, Margaret Robson, Elizabeth Thrum|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.