Part of the series Automotive Mechanics.
The milestone 10th edition of Automotive Mechanics marks an impressive 47 years of service for this market-leading resource. Widely used across Australia and throughout Asia, the text introduces students to the service, diagnosis and repair of passenger and light commercial vehicles. A major overhaul has fine-tuned Automotive Mechanics, making it easier to navigate and aligning the content more closely to the AUR Automotive Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
The content ensures full coverage of the latest vehicle computer systems and diagnostic techniques. The blended learning package is more engaging than ever and provides access to a comprehensive library of digital resources to provide students with an immersive learning experience.
Automotive Mechanics is the market leading resource for automotive students in Australia. The new edition is streamlined into a single volume and has been restructured to closely reflect the national training package qualifications, making it easier than ever for instructors to deliver their courses. It contains updated information on new technologies especially in the field of auto electrics.
- Blended or fully digital learning and teaching options.
- Comprehensive suite of instructor resources to support Unit of Competency delivery.
- Updated content on auto electrics, air conditioning and petrol engines.
- A new improved design and layout making it easier for students to read.
- Detailed competency mapping demonstrates the complete coverage of knowledge evidencefor both Cert II and Cert III units.
- Blended learning pack that is flexible to user needs.
- Engaging practice materials to check student’s understanding.
- Single volume text making it more affordable for students.
- Provide students with an up-to-date, easy to read, engaging learning resource.
- All content mapped to the units of competencies assisting instructors with course delivery.
PART 1 - Introduction to Motor Vehicles
- Motor vehicle components
- Workshop safety
- Workshop practices
- Tools and their uses
- Measuring and checking
- Friction and bearings
- Seals, gaskets and sealants
- Fuels, fluids and lubricants
- Service and maintenance
PART 2 Running Gear
- Tyres, wheels and balance
- Suspension systems
- Steering systems
- Wheel alignment
PART 3 Engines and Engine Systems
- Engine fundamentals
- Engine construction
- General engine service
- Cylinder head repair and overhaul procedures
- Cylinder-block repair and overhaul
- Cooling systems and servicing
- Engine-lubricating systems
- Intake, forced induction and exhaust systems and servicing
PART 4 Transmissions and Drives
- Clutches and service
- Manual transmissions, transaxles, four-wheel and all-wheel drive service
- Drive lines and shafts
- Rear axle and final drive service
- Automatic transmissions: torque converters
- Automatic transmissions: mechanical
- Automatic transmissions: hydraulics and controls
- Automatic transmission service
PART 5 Petrol Fuel and Engine Management
- EFI and petrol fuel systems
- Ignition systems
- Emission controls
- Diagnosis: petrol engines and other vehicle systems
PART 6 Diesel Engines
- Diesel engines: features
- Diesel fuel systems
- Diesel fuel system service
PART 7 Electrical Basics
- Basic electrics
- Effects and applications of electric currents
- Basic electronics and mechatronics
- The battery
PART 8 Electrical systems
- Starting systems
- Charging systems and service
- Body electrical systems and service
- Instruments and warning systems
- Vehicle computer systems
PART 9 Alternative Drive Systems
- Hybrid, all-electric and fuel-cell vehicles
PART 10 Safety, Security and Convenience
- Braking: ABS, traction control and vehicle stability
- Air conditioning
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.