Part of the series All You Need to Teach - History.
SHORTLISTED - Best Teaching Resource - The Australian Educational Publishing Awards
These stimulating books provide a comprehensive toolkit for teaching Australian Curriculum: History. The activities can be used across different inquiry topics and will develop a wide variety of historical skills, language and research techniques set by the curriculum. The worksheets further integrate these skills with historical understandings, including the use of sources, empathy, perspectives and investigating continuity and change as students inquire into History.
- Mini-posters to introduce historical skills
- Annotated text models for common historical text types
- Worksheets to practice skills and develop understandings
- Task cards to further extend and reinforce the Australian Curriculum general capabilities
- Assessment checklists.
Historical Skills Covered
- Chronology, terms and concepts
- Historical questions and research
- Analysis and use of sources
- Perspectives and interpretations
- Explanation and communication
Key Concepts Covered to Develop Historical Understanding
- Continuity and change
- Cause and effect
Text Structures Modelled
- Autobiography (Only in Ages 8-10 and Ages 10+)
- Information report
View Entire Books Online & Sample Pages
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.