Part of the series A+ National Literacy Tests: Year 7 & 9.
A+ National Literacy Practice Tests: Years 7 and 9 are workbooks that provide students with a series of practice tests as well as comprehensive information and example responses on the Reading, Writing and Language Conventions sections of the Years 7 and 9 NAPLAN* Literacy tests.
A+ National Literacy Practice Tests: Year 7 is designed to give students an overview of the key skills in each section, and provide detailed test advice on how to correctly identify test question types and how to complete the test under time pressure. The write-in-workbook furthermore outlines the different writing task text types and comes complete with annotations and scaffolded strategies to help students successfully complete this section in the national NAPLAN Year 7 Literacy test.
* This book is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN project and is produced by Cengage Learning independently of Australian Governments.
- Outlines the different writing task text types with annotations and scaffolded strategies.
- Worked examples for the Reading and Language Conventions sections.
- Includes two bonus detachable full-length tests – one for students’ practice band one to hand in.
- Produced on perforated paper, they allow for easy tear-out and can be used as formal assessment tasks.
- Advice on assessment methodology – how to successfully sit tests, identify different question types and answer test questions under time pressure.
- Graduated difficulty – the book is divided into tests that gradually increase in length, content and difficulty. Use it throughout the semester, not just before the actual test.
- No teacher preparation is required – students can write directly into the books!
- Glossary of key terms.
- Comprehensive practice questions and answered example responses.
- Great value – designed and priced to be used by each individual student.
Summary notes are provided on the following topics.
- Text types
- Sample writings with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the writing task
- Text types and audiences
- Extracting information
- Sample reading responses with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the reading task
- Sample answers with annotations
- Strategies and templates on how to approach the language conventions task
- Assessment Methodology
- Assessment criteria
- Test types and the different assessment methodologies used
- Test taking strategies for multiple-choice questions
- Structure of multiple choice tests
- How to approach multiple-choice tests
- The process of elimination for multiple-choice questions and identifying distractors
- Common problems with multiple-choice questions and debunking common conceptions and myths
- Test taking strategies for open-ended questions
Structure: short-answer vs literacy writing task questions
- How to approach open-ended tests
- Common problems with open-ended questions
- Reducing test anxiety
- How to write under test conditions and finish on time: solving common problems that prevent students from achieving their best.
After the test: useful advice for students, teachers and other stakeholders.
Practice Tests: Each book contains 12 practice tests including:
- Two practice tests for Writing and Language Conventions.
- Four Reading practice tests for the Narrative, Recount, Expository and Informative stimulus text types.
- Two full-length sets of tear-out tests.
Each set includes three tests, one for each area: Writing, Reading and Language Conventions. Students may use one set for practice, and one to hand in.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Lynne Marsh, Wendy Bodey, Virginia Ayliffe, & Julie Mitchell|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.