The Individual Support Worker is designed to meet the needs of workers in the home, community and/or a residential setting, who are required to provide person-centred support to people who are ageing and/or have a disability-related condition. The person-centred approach is reflected in each of the 16 chapters as well as in recent changes, which include the introduction of Consumer Directed Care and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The text is organised in parts, each part reflecting the core and specialisations.
Each chapter follows the unit guide for a specific competency. After the learning objectives and introduction, the major section headings align with the competency elements, and the topic headings' corresponding criteria. Each chapter culminates in a summary.
- Follows the training package requirements for units of competency – each chapter is structured so that the elements and criteria are clear in the text, facilitating program delivery
- Addresses all four skill sets in the Cert III qualification, enabling instructors to plan for job-ready students with a statement of attainment
- The text is rich in case study scenarios, examples and topic-based activities which relate theory to practice for vocational learners
- Each chapter concludes with self-check questions, questions for discussion and an extension activity which educators may set as assignments or use in class to confirm students understanding
Part 1: Individual support
- Provide individualised support
- Support independence and well being
- Communicate and work in ageing, disability and home and community support.
- Work with diverse people
- Work legally and ethically
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Part 2: Ageing support
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Provide support for people living with dementia
- Meet personal support needs
Part 3: Disability support
- Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths based approach
- Follow established person centred-behavior support
- Support community participation and social inclusion
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
Part 4: Home & Community
- Support relationship with carers and family
- Provide home and community support services
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.