Part of the series Reading Laboratories 3A and 3B.
The Teacher's Handbook contains an overview of your Reading Laboratory and provides teaching plans for using the program to its maximum advantage.
About the Series
The Reading Laboratory 3 series boosts comprehension skills for older students (Years 7-10, QLD Years 8-10) and adults. A variety of non-fiction reading selections will appeal to their interests and skills while other selections will expose them to great works of fiction. Students gain valuable reading practice with an emphasis on boosting vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Multi-levelled resource to facilitate differentiated learning
- Ideal preparation for national testing
- High-interest reading selections covering a range of text types and topics including technology, history, science and sport
- Full-colour illustrations and photographs
- A Program Management/Assessment CD-ROM
- Answer Key Cards providing opportunities for students to self correct
Each Reading Laboratory includes:
- 110 Power Builders with coordinating Answer Key Cards
- 110 Rate Builders with coordinating Answer Key Cards
- 1 Teacher’s Handbook
- 1 Student Record Book
- 1 Program Management/Assessment CD-ROM (networkable)
- 225 Skill Builders with coordinating Answer Key Cards (Reading Laboratory 3a only)
About SRA McGraw-Hill Reading Laboratories
Originated in the 1950’s, SRA McGraw-Hill Reading Laboratories were developed by teachers to have a strong focus on comprehension and the improvement of important skills such as vocabulary, fluency and word analysis. Today, the SRA McGraw-Hill Reading Laboratories have stood the test of time and are used in classrooms across the country.
Ideal for NAPLAN™ preparation
With an emphasis on independent work and self-correction, students build ownership and understanding of their progress as they move through the program. The result is the confidence to tackle bigger challenges including NAPLAN™ testing.
Engage your students
Featuring a variety of text types at different levels including narratives, reports, biographies and non-fiction, the selections in each Reading Laboratory will capture the imagination of your students and get even the most reluctant of the group excited about reading.
Use Reading Laboratories in your classroom to:
- Develop comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, word analysis and study skills
- Reinforce specific skills in which certain students show weakness
- Engage students’ interest and increase their knowledge based upon using a wide array of fiction and non-fiction selections
- Promote independent student work
Make the most of classroom time
Reading Laboratories let you make the most of every minute of learning time. The program’s levelled approach to reading instruction helps teachers meet the challenge. The basic design of the Reading Laboratories is simple: each student’s skill level is matched to colour-coded, levelled reading selections. The reading levels gradually increase in complexity and selections gradually increase in word count to keep students challenged as they progress through the program.
Download the Level Guide
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.