Part of the series New Century Maths: Mathematics Standard.
New Century Maths 11 & 12 Mathematics Standard has been rewritten and updated to cover the new NSW senior mathematics courses. Mathematics Standard 2 is the new name for Mathematics General 2 and caters to students heading towards an HSC exam, an ATAR and university studies. The syllabus describes two pathways for Mathematics Standard that start in Year 11. Even though both pathways share a common Year 11 course, students taking each pathway have specific learning needs, so we have published two levels of text for both Years 11 and 12.
- Each chapter begins with a Chapter Outline that includes syllabus outcomes and codes, a terminology word list and a SkillCheck exercise to review prerequisite skills
- Graded exercises are linked to worked examples and include multiple-choice questions, HSC-style questions and realistic applications
- Investigations explore the syllabus in more detail through group work, discovery and modelling activities
- Promotes ICT in the classroom through the use of spreadsheets, graphics calculators and the internet
- Each chapter ends with a sample HSC problem, Study Tip, Chapter Summary with a mind map exercise and a Test Yourself revision set of exercises
- Practice papers after every three chapters revise students’ skills and knowledge
- Syllabus grid and codes, glossary, answers and index included.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
|Author(s)||Klaas Bootsma, Sarah Hamper, Margaret Willard, Robert Yen|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.