Part of the series Diesel Mechanics 4th Edition.
This thoroughly updated softcover text strikes an excellent balance between hands-on practice and theory of diesel operation and maintenance requirements of manufacturers. Diesel Mechanics equips students with state-of-the-art procedures and techniques needed to diagnose, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain diesel engines in the real world. It features the latest methods for working on modern control systems and provides in-depth information on fuel injection systems and electronically-controlled engines. The text includes maintenance and repair coverage of stationary, marine, and truck engines. A new, two-color format contains more than 1,000 illustrations and improved line drawings that help students visualize important concepts.
- Provides new maintenance techniques and covers recent advances in electronic engine controls.
- New coverage of air brakes and enhanced coverage of engine operation under extreme conditions.
- Multiple-choice format for end-of-chapter questions makes text consistent with ASE guidelines.
- Flexible organization allows instructors to assign chapters to match their course syllabi.
- Reminders throughout regarding importance of preventive maintenance and quality workmanship underscore the importance of avoiding expensive downtime.
- Provides dual dimensioning (English measurements and metric units).
- Appendices include conversion tables and a glossary of diesel terminology.
- Introduction to Diesel Engines
- Tools and Equipment
- Engine Oil
- Diesel Fuel
- Engine Performance Terminology
- Cycle Operation
- Combustion Chamber
- Basic Engine Components
- Hydraulic Lines and Fittings
- Seals, Gaskets, and Fasteners
- Engine Disassembly
- Diesel Engine Components and Service
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Sleeve
- Connecting Rods
- Piston and Rings
- Lubrication Pump and Oil Cooler
- Cylinder Head and Valves
- Valve-Train Mechanism
- Flywheel Housing, Flywheel, and Timing Cover
- Engine Brakes and Hydraulic Retarders
- Diesel Engine Systems
- Air-Intake Systems
- Exhaust Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Air-Brake Systems
- Fuel Injection Systems
- Introduction to Fuel-Injection Systems
- Electronic Engine Controls
- Fuel-Injection Nozzles and Holders
- United Technologies Diesel Systems, Robert
- Bosch, CAV and Diesel Kiki Port and Helix Fuel
- Injection Pumps
- Caterpillar Fuel-Injection Systems
- Stanadyne Diesel Systems and DPA
- Distributor-Type Fuel-Injection Pumps
- Electrical Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Electric Circuits and Test Instruments
- Wires and Terminals
- Relays, Switches and Solenoids
- Electric Starting Systems
- Air and Hydraulic Starting Systems
- Charging Systems
- Voltage Regulators
- Instrument Gauges and Circuits
- Extreme Temperature Operation
- Break-In, Trouble Shooting, and Tune Up
- Developments and Intersections
- Pipe Drawings
- Structural Drafting
- Jigs and Fixtures
- Electrical and Electronics Drawings
Diesel Mechanics 4th Edition + WorkbookThis pack includes Diesel Mechanics 4th Edition and the correlated Workbook, which includes nearly 200 illustrations, provides hands-on shop assignments that parallel and complement such text assignments as how to analyse diesel component failures.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.