Part of the series Comprehension for Independent Readers.
Comprehension for independent readers is a series of two books for ages 8-9 and 10 plus. The books are divided into a number of sections each focusing on a different text type or part of speech.
- Sales catalogue
- Comic book
- Information in graphs
- Diary entry
- Time line
- Play script
- Flow chart
- Parts of speech
- Information in tables
- Front page of newspaper
- stimulus texts of a particular genre or part of speech to inform students about the theme and to promote discussion
- comprehension activities with a number of literal, inferential and evaluative comprehension questions for students to demonstrate what they have learned. The format of questions ranges from multiple choice and matching to those requiring a full written explanation.
- suggestions for developing students’ understanding, and the theme of the text
- answers to all comprehension questions
- links to the English curriculum
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.