Part of the series Algebra - Building Big Ideas.
Book 1: Algebra - Building Big IdeasThis book is designed to introduce students in middle/upper primary to the mathematical concept of algebra and its place in everyday life. The appealing activities and problems are designed to give students the confidence to reach beyond their current experience.
- an introductory teachers page, highlighting the ‘big idea’ to be investigated and a description of the activity, including the skills incorporated
- two pages of teachers notes giving background information on the ‘big idea’ and comprehensive instructions for presenting the activity and the problems to be solved, a detailed explanation of the solution, highlighting the use of appropriate problem-solving strategies and reasoning and suggestions for extension activities
- worksheets for the students to complete, indicating their understanding of the topic
- a selection of useful transparency masters with instructions for their use
Book 2: Developing Algebraic ThinkingWhat is ‘algebraic thinking’? Although there does not appear to be one agreed-upon definition, several common threads appear:
- exploring and conjecturing about patterns;
- formalising patterns;
- verbalising relationships;
- making generalisations;
- symbolising relationships;
- working with functions; and
- making connections between real-world situations and algebraic statements.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 6, Year 7,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.