Part of the series YiYO.
A simple card matching game for ages 5 - 15 years (2 - 4 players). YiYO JUNIOR can be played using a variety of well-known formats such as Go Fish, Snap or Memory so students can get started quickly and learn while they play. The energy values promote numerical literacy, however the game does not involve counting kilojoules. Literacy is supported with pictorial association, and colour coding and icons are used to indicate nutritional characteristics including fruit and vegetable serves, dietary fibre, added or ‘free’ sugar and energy load. Available in kilojoules only.
YiYO Junior Features
- Simple card matching game suitable for 5 - 15 years (2 - 4 players)
- Based on well-known game formats (Go Fish, Snap, Memory)
- Promotes numerical literacy but does not involve counting kilojoules
- Literacy supported with pictorial association
- Colour-coding and icons used to highlight nutritional characteristics for comparison
- Available in kilojoules only
The YiYO® card games are interactive health literacy tools that teachers can use to support classroom discussions around energy balance and lifestyle. In both games, players learn how much energy they are recommended to consume each day, based on their age and gender, and find out how their body uses that energy.
The YiYO food (Yi) cards have been developed by a team of credentialed Dietitians and represent the best clinical data available. The physical activity (YO) cards have been researched and compiled by accredited Physical Therapists. The games align with the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) - Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines. The YiYO games promote nutritional quality NOT 'kilojoule / calorie counting'.
- Interactive health literacy teaching games for children and teens
- Students learn about nutritional quality and energy balance
- Aligned with Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines (NHMRC)
- Developed by credentialed Dietitians and Physical Therapists
|Publisher||Energeia Education Resources|
|Product Type||Games & Puzzles,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.