Part of the series YiYO.
A lifestyle challenge game suitable for 15 years to Adult (3 - 6 players). The aim of the YiYO game is to make the best possible choices, from the cards you are dealt, to balance your food intake (Yi) with sufficient physical activity (YO). Players must also drink the recommended daily amount of water, and consume at least 2 fruit and 5 vegetable serves to qualify for a win. Players are educated about nutritional quality, energy load, Estimated Energy Requirement (recommended food intake), Basal Metabolic Rate (their body's minimum energy requirement), Personal Activity Level (how active they are), and the environmental impact of poor lifestyle and excess food packaging. Can be played using either calories or kilojoules.
- A lifestyle challenge game suitable for 15 years to Adult (3 - 6 players)
- Challenge to balance food intake (Yi) with sufficient physical activity (YO)
- Can be played using either calories or kilojoules
- Players must 'eat' at least 2 fruit and 5 vegetable serves
- Players must 'drink' the recommended daily amount of water
- Highlights the environmental impact of poor lifestyle habits
The YiYO® card games are interactive health literacy tools that teachers can use to support classroom discussions around energy balance and lifestyle. In both games, players learn how much energy they are recommended to consume each day, based on their age and gender, and find out how their body uses that energy.
The YiYO food (Yi) cards have been developed by a team of credentialed Dietitians and represent the best clinical data available. The physical activity (YO) cards have been researched and compiled by accredited Physical Therapists. The games align with the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) - Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines. The YiYO games promote nutritional quality NOT 'kilojoule / calorie counting'.
- Interactive health literacy teaching games for children and teens
- Students learn about nutritional quality and energy balance
- Aligned with Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines (NHMRC)
- Developed by credentialed Dietitians and Physical Therapists
|Publisher||Energeia Education Resources|
|Product Type||Games & Puzzles,|
|Year Level||Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.