The purpose of this guide is to assist students in their preparation for tests and examinations in the Mathematics course—‘Mathematics Applications’. The structure is such that students will be able to make use of the book throughout the year.
- The Syllabus Checklist indicates to the students the skills they need to have and the objectives they need to satisfy under each of the major headings of the course.
- The Introductory Notes given at the start of each chapter detail all the key ideas associated with each aspect of the course. These notes should be read in conjunction with those given by the classroom teacher.
- The Worked Examples are presented in a very detailed manner and are often accompanied by brief notes and explanations to enhance students understanding of the particular question types.
- The Problems to Solve section gives students a wide range of problems and the opportunity to check their understanding of each of the topics. Fully worked solutions are also provided.
- The Trial Tests are an additional source of questions and can be used when preparing for classroom tests and examinations. Suggested times are given for the tests and it is important that students try to work within the stated time constraints. Fully worked solutions are given for these tests and a marking guide is also provided so that students can receive some concrete feedback on their performance. Tests are provided for both the resource free (no calculator) and the resource rich (calculator allowed) components of the assessment
- 1. Percentages
- 2. Algebraic Skills
- 3. Matrices
- 4. Finance
- 5. Pythagoras
- 6. Trigonometry
- 7. Perimeter, Area, Surface Area & Volume
- 8. Linear Relationships
- 9. Similarity & Scale
- 10. Simple & Compound Interest
- 11. Statistics
- TRIAL TESTS
- SOLUTIONS TO TRIAL TESTS
View Sample Pages
Year 11 ATAR Course Revision Series - Mathematics Applications
Students are encouraged to make regular use of this Study Guide to help them prepare for their Mathematics Applications assessments.
View Year 11 ATAR Course Revision Series - Mathematics Applications
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.