Teaching Mathematics counters this with a rich set of practical pedagogy that will connect students to the bigger picture of mathematics and show them how to:
- Communicate mathematically.
- Feel positive about mathematics and their role in teaching it.
- Enter the classroom confident they are equipped with the practical knowledge, skills, strategies and activities to teach maths.
- Unique structure that takes readers through the stages of how students learn maths, and how to teach maths, before drilling down to the specific themes by age group.
- Spans early childhood, primary and middle years (K-9).
- A rich selection of features to help students feel confident about teaching math:
- Big Ideas: The main concepts of the chapter and encourage mathematical thinking.
- Chapter objectives: Highlight the main points of the chapter and list the skills the chapter will help develop.
- Communicating Mathematically: Develop student’s communication skills in mathematics by illustrating conventions, uses of language, materials, symbols diagrams, interaction patterns.
- Consider and Discuss: Specific tasks/questions/activities that will get everyone involved in tutorials. themselves (ie: focus on own knowledge). They are closely related to the text.
- Did you know?: Short historical and cultural facts that show math it in the larger context and illustrate why mathematics is viewed and taught in the way it is today.
- For the Classroom: Activities students can pick up and take with them into the classroom.
- Handy Hints: Practical tips to help students prepare their lessons with confidence.
- Integrating Technology / ICT: Suggests uses of digital technologies in the classroom.
- Issues in Teaching: Discussion of contentious topics.
- Making Connections: Links the big ideas in mathematics to other disciplines, and relevant mathematical learning.
- Think and Link: Helps students navigate their way throughout the book, drawing on information introduced in earlier chapters and then elaborated on in later chapters.
- Vignettes at start of each part and each chapter: Short stories with some exploratory questions to engage the pre-service teachers with the underlying themes and concepts of the chapters.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, review questions to help students cement their learning.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.